Here are a few quick tips to help you pick the right projection screen for your application-
$$$ How much should you spend on your screen?
We recommend spending around 15-30% of your projector cost on the type of projection screen that would be the most suitable in matching the quality-to-cost ratio with your projector.
What type of screen is suitable for your projection environment?
- Manual pull down Screens are the typical entry level product. They are simple, reliable, and affordable and present a flat projection surface.
- Fixed Frame Screens are generally for the dedicated home theater room although they do find their way into commercial installations as well. Most high-end professional installations prefer using this product line over the retractable projection surfaces. Our diagonal sizes range from 76" to 200" for a larger than life experience.
- Electric/Motorized Screens are ideal for use with a concealed projection system allowing your media room to be used for other purposes as would be seen in a conference room, classroom or family room. Our product comes fully assembled ready to plug and play with all the accessories required to operate the screen. The diagonal measurements for our electric screens range from 75" to 400" surfaces.
- Tripod Screens are the most affordable portable projection screens. These are ideal for portable classroom, church congregation and large group home theater viewing.There are four different Tripod series; Tripod B Series, Tripod Series, Tripod Pro Series, and Tripod Plus Series.
- ezCinema Floor Pull-Up Screens use a simple telescoping support that is able to be quickly set up and taken down for any portable presentation up to 150" Diag.
- ezCinema Plus Floor Pull-Up Screens have all of the virtues of the ezCinema with the addition of one crucial element. Its unique “Scissor Back” self-standing spring support allows the end user to pull up the screen to its desired level.
- QuickStand Folding Screens are commercial grade portable fixed-frame screens that are ideal for large traveling presentations and tradeshows. Its durable lightweight design with option of rear projection material has made it a favorite in the Commercial AV Industry, Outdoor film screenings and DJ events. (Drape Kit models also available)
Electric Floor Rising Screen
- Kestrel Electric Floor Series has a stylish black piano gloss finish that makes it an attractive centerpiece for home theater and high level conference rooms where wall/ceiling installations are not practical.
- Merlin Series Electric in-cabinet projection screens are an alternative to permanent wall or ceiling installations.
Whiteboard & Pliable Screen
- Ambient Light Rejecting WhiteBoardScreen is a high 4.0 gain whiteboard screen suitable for environments with ambient lighting. The unique StarBright™ 4 material has an enhanced reflectivity for in-line presentations.
- WhiteBoardScreen Universal is a versatile solution that combines whiteboard with projection screen. It is the ultimate presentation tool for training/lecture rooms. The projection surface does not glare unlike traditional whiteboards.
- Insta-DE Screen is a self-adhesive whiteboard projection screen with dry-erase capabilities. It easily applies on a wall, window or existing standard whiteboards.
- Insta-DEM Screen has a magnetic backing for installations on metal surface or magnetic whiteboards. It has dry-erase capabilities and is also a projection screen.
- Insta-RP and Insta-RP2 Screens are optical rear projection self-adhesive screen films suitable for commercial applications where a permanent rear projection display is needed.
What is the correct screen size for you?
- Choosing the screen’s diagonal size may depend on individual preference, but it is always wise to choose a diagonal screen size that is less than or equal in measurement to the distance from your front-row seating to the projection surface.
What is the Right Aspect Ratio for you?
- 1:1 - This aspect ratio provides a perfectly squared screen format for overhead projectors (OHP) and is commonly used in Educational/Classroom environments.
Tip: Choose this format if you are using a native SVGA/XGA Projector and occasionally use an OHP or 1:1 slide projector for your presentations
- 4:3 - This aspect ratio is the same as a standard television (Non-High Definition) or computer (SVGA, XGA, UXGA) resolution
Tip: Select this format screen if you are using a native SVGA, XGA or UXGA projector for your presentations
- 16:10 - This is the most popular aspect ratio for the latest WXGA or WUXGA notebooks.
Tip: Choose the 16:10 screen if you use a native wide screen notebook or wide XGA (UXGA) projector.
- 16:9 - This is the High Definition Television (HDTV) format and is the most widely used aspect ratio for the latest television designs. ☀ Tip: Choose a 16:9 Projection Screen if you are planning to use it with a native 16:9 format projector.
- 2.35:1 - Widescreen Cinemascope format which is perfect with the new anamorphic lenses on the market today.
Tip: Select this 2.35:1 format screen if your application is strictly home theater Cinemascope presentations.
Tip: 2.35:1 and 16:9 are the most popular format for Home Cinema. (Elite Screens Osprey Tension Dual is designed for this application.
Top Selling Elite Screens
Most Popular Screens
- 80" Manual Pull Down Screen - 4:3 Format - M80NWV
- 100" Manual Pull Down Screen - 16:9 Format - M100UWH
- 84" Electric Screen 4:3 Format - Electric84V
- 125" Electric Screen 16:9 Format - Electric125H
- 106" ezFframe Screen 16:9 Format - R106WH1
- 85" Tripod Portable Screen 1:1 format- T85UWS1
Stadium / Large Conferece Room
- Wall/Ceiling Electric Screen - VMAX400XWV Plus4 (400" Diag. 4:3 Format, 240"x320" IR/RF Remotes, 12V Trigger)
- Wall/Ceiling Electric Screen - VMAX235UWS PLUS3 (235" Diag. 1:1 Format, 166"x166" IR/RF Remotes, 12V Trigger)
- Wall/Ceiling Electric Screen - VMAX200XWV PLUS3 (200" Diag. 4:3 Format, 120"X160" IR/RF Remotes, 12V Trigger)
- Quickstand Folding Screen - Q200VD (200" Diag, 4:3 Format Commercial Portable Screen w/Drape Kit)
- Portable Screen - F150NWV (150" Diag. 4:3 Format Portable Floor Pull Up Screen)
- Manual Screen - M84NWV (84" 4:3 - Small Size Classroom)
- Manual Screen - M100NWV1 (100" 4:3 - Mid-Size Classroom)
- Tripod Pull Up Portable - T85UWS1 (60"x60" - Portable Training)
- Tripod Pull Up Portable - T119UWS1 (84"x84"-Portable Training)
- Electric Screen - Electric100V (100" 60"x80",4:3-Mid-Size Room)
- Electric Screen - VMAX170XWS2 (120"x120" - Large Conference)
- WhiteBoardScreen Universal - WB87XW (Mid-Size classroom)
- Premium Electric Screen - TE100HW2 (100" Diag, 16:9 Format, IR/RF Remotes, Tab-Tension Electric)
- Premium Fixed Frame Screen - R100WH1 (100" Diag., Velvet Trim Fixed Frame, 16:9 Format)
- Multi-Application Electric Screen - VMAX100UWH2 (100" Diag. VMAX Electric 16:9, IR/RF Remotes, 12V Trigger)
- Economy Line Electric Screen - Electric125H (125" Diag. Electric 16:9, w / IR Remote & 12V Trigger)
- Manual Pull Down Screen - M100UWH (100" Diag. Manual Screen 16:9 Format)
- Portable Indoor/Outdoor Movie Screen - F80NWH (80" Diag. Ez Cinema Floor Pull Up Screen 16:9)
- Lunette Curved Fixed Frame Screen - Curve103W (Small to mid-size rooms)
- Dual aspect ratio premium electric screen - DTE110C88H (2.35:1 / 16:9 all in-one screen)
- Tripod Pull Up Portable - T85UWS1 (60"x60" Budget Portable)
- Tripod Pull Up Portable - T113UWS1 (80"x80" Mid-Size Portable)
- Tripod Pull Up Portable - T136UWS1 (136"x136" Large-Size Portable)
- Premium Floor Pull Up - F60NWV (60" 4:3 Floor Pull Up - Personal)
- Premuim Floor Pull Up - F150NWV (150" 4:3 Large-Size Portable)
- Wall/Ceiling Electric Screen - VMAX235XWV PLUS4 (235" Diag. 4:3 Format 140"x187", IR & RF Remotes, 12V trigger)
- Wall/Ceiling Electric Screen - VMAX180XWV PLUS2 (180" Diag. 4:3 Format 108"x144", IR & RF Remotes, 12V trigger)
- Wall/Ceiling Electric Screen - VMAX153XWS2 (153" Diag. 1:1 Format 108"x108", IR & RF Remotes, 12V Trigger)
- Wall Permanent Fixed Frame Screen - R180WV1 (180" Diag. 4:3 Format Velt Trim Fixed Frame Screen)
- Portable Screen - F150NWV (150" Diag. 4:3 Format Portable Floor Pull Up Screen)
- StarBright™ 7 Frame - R182GV-G7 (High Gain 7.0 projection screen)
- Premium Tab-Tension Electric Screen - TE100VW2 (100" Diag. Tension Electric 4:3 IR/RF, Trigger)
- Premium Electric Screen - HOME100IWV2 (100" 4:3 Electric Screen, IR/RF, Trigger)
- All Applications Electric Screen - VMAX100UWV2 (100" Diag. VMAX2 Electric 4:3, IR/RF/12V Trigger)
- Electric Screen - VMAX113XWS2 (113" 80""x80"" Electric Screen w/ IR/RF Remotes)
- Manual Pull Down Screen - M100NWV1 (100" Diag. Manual Pull Down Screen 4:3 Format)
Product and Screen Material Selection Guide
Screen Material Selection